THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ON OUR CAMPER VAN TRIP SO FAR
|Pack more orange squash, baked beans, Branston pickle, cheddar cheese|
Check out the map’s start and finishing points before you go for a walk.
Don’t visit campsites that don’t have toilet seats.
Get a digital watch so you can see the time in the dark
The puppy has squatters rights on the bed.
The sea is freezing in Autumn.
Blue skies and sunshine do not mean it is hot.
Go and lie on the bed (so you can’t see a window) when driving over the Alps (or any other mountain) if you are scared of heights.
Make sure you have a translation app on your phone, particularly for deciphering a menu.
– Don’t let Dave forget his peanut butter, it cost us 6.85 Euros in Italy.
– Don’t believe Dave when he says it’s only 2 km
– Don’t let Dave choose the campsite
– Don’t believe Dave when he says it is 9am.
– Don’t believe Dave when he says it’s the dogs fault he is on my side
– Don’t believe Dave when he says the water is nice and warm
– Don’t believe Dave when he says you don’t need a jacket
– Don’t believe Dave when he says the road is nice and wide, no exposure and not to worry
– Don’t believe Dave’s translation. He cannot speak French, Spanish or Italian